The role of the qualifications and equivalent recognition dept. in solidarity with the vision of the Ministry of Higher Education in the Sultanate towards higher education with a high quality meets the requirements of sustainable development, and so by working to ensure the quality of Omani higher education outputs institutions of higher education outside the Sultanate.
the Equivalency of the qualifications and Recognition Department the competent authority to deal with the academic qualifications issued outside the Sultanate from different countries of the world, and equalized it by using a verdict that qualified to be equated rewards academically one of the academic qualifications that contained in the peace adopted in the national framework in the Sultanate also recognition of academic qualification means Acquisition holder the same rights and privileges that earned by the national qualification holder landscapes.
There are three sections in the Chamber at the Ministerial resolution No. (22/2012), where each department specializes certain tasks that aimed at the completion of the plans to be achieved in a shorter time, by easier ways and the sections are:
1. Department of academic certificates: where are the academic certificates issued outside the Sultanate for Omanis and expatriates equation, through a ruling that the certificate to be offset by equivalent academic diplomas contained in the ladder of certificates adopted in the Sultanate.
2. Department of professional equivalences equation: a section has been introduced soon, qualifications of a professional nature.
3. Department of the recognition of higher education institutions outside the Sultanate: Works on the recognition of government educational institutions, including private and outside the Sultanate and the adoption of programs and disciplines where also the section examining requests for further study of the stages of the academic diploma and bachelor's, master's and doctoral for students who wish to complete their studies outside the Sultanate.
Commission to recognize higher education institutions and non Omani equivalent academic qualifications are awarded by a technical committee scientific advisory assesses university and academic graduate certificates and graduate issued outside the Sultanate and it is composed of a group of people with scientific and academic in various disciplines . the Committee holds its meetings on a regular basis or at the request of the Chairman of the Committee before the date thereof at least one week, and not be held valid unless attended by two-thirds of the number of members, at least, to be the Chairman or his deputy.
The Committee is specialized with the following: -
* The recognition of higher education institutions or canceled in accordance with the terms and conditions specified in the Regulations.
* Equivalent Qualifications issued by institutions of higher education that have never equated accordance with the rules and conditions specified in the Regulations
* The proposal to amend the foundations of recognition or equation set forth in these regulations.
* Proposal for the formation of the specialized technical committees to discuss and study any impact of the recognition affairs or the equation, determines the decision to set up these committees, terms of reference, procedures and controls work.
* Supervising the preparation of a guide for institutions of higher education study recommended by the ministry, and updated in accordance with the latest developments.
* Search and study any other issues related to the recognition or the minister or the head of the Committee display equation.
In collaboration with the Information Technology, department in the ministry, the qualifications equivalent and recognition department provide services and receive reviewer's requests through the website of the Ministry.
The services provided are:
* Qualification equation that issued by the higher education institutions outside the Sultanate: ruling that the study certificate equivalence to be equivalent to one of academically educational certificates that accredited in the sultanate and gives the holder the same rights and privileges which is supposed to get them qualified student in the landscape., targeting this service higher education institutions and for non-Omani graduates who actually has schooled outside the Sultanate whether the system is school attendance system or networking system (online), whether they are Omani, graduates or expatriates residing in the Sultanate.
(Link electronic services for student services)
* Ratification of the academic qualifications issued by the higher education institutions outside the Sultanate: the ratification of the data contained in the academic qualification (university / Graduate) issued by the higher education institutions outside the Sultanate by the Cultural Missions or the embassies of sultanate that dependent to the ministry of Foreign .
* Continue the study (university / Graduate study) institutions of higher education outside the Sultanate: These are summarized service that obtaining Omani students who wish to study outside the Sultanate to get approval to study a specific program at institution of higher education with specific degree (diploma + bachelor + Master + PhD) institutions of higher education outside the Sultanate.
* The recognition of institution of higher education outside the Sultanate: it is a service geared to all institutions of higher education non-Omani outside the Sultanate of Oman and want to be recognized by the Ministry.
(Link electronic services for institutional services)
* Downloadable E-Forms related to Equivalency
The department worked latest to update version from the institutions of higher education lists that recommended to study by the ministry with total attendance system, which was adopted by the Commission on the recognition of higher education institutions non Omani equivalent academic qualifications that awarded by the Resolution: (a .t.m / 1 / 6-2015) dated 26/10/2015 AD, to be mandatory lists are complied with by the scholarship Omani student or Omani student at his own expense.
(Higher education institutions link outside the Sultanate recommended to study in total attendance system).
The most we can talk about that the list of recommended study in institutions of higher education by the Ministry subject to constant follow up by the department and the committee competent, the Committee may stop the enrollment of Omani students in institutions of higher education non Omani when they infraction of these institutions to one of the articles stipulated in the Regulation on the committee or when its excesses the following:
· Violation of internal regulations and rules of the school.
· Doing the exception of Omani students from some of the requirements for admission, and the proportion of scheduled attendance.
· Exemption Omani students from some years, levels, or courses based on their practical experience without having any previous academic study.
· Granting academic qualifications in a period less than those provided for in the bylaws.
· Capacity authorized by the bypass, or an increase of Omani students present their.
· Lost control of the safety and security of students on campus.
(Higher education institutions link outside the Sultanate has been discontinued study by the decision of the Commission to recognize the higher education institutions and non-Omani equivalent academic qualifications awarded).
The Commission has also previously developed criteria to recognize higher education institutions that arise programs networking education system (on line) and the foundations of the adoption of programs and equivalent educational qualifications in line with what is witnessing higher education sector in all parts of the world a lot of changes and transformations that required technical and IT developments. The limitation of this type of learning to master's and doctoral degrees only in a number of countries like (USA, UK, Australia and New Zealand).
(Higher education institutions link outside the Sultanate recommended to study in networked learning system (Online)
(Criteria for the recognition of the link institutions of higher education programs that raise networking education system (on line) and the foundations of the adoption of the programs).
The department is facing many challenges, including fraud in the academic qualifications of different types and enroll some students institutions of higher education are not recognized or unreality institutions, where abounded in recent fake universities have names likeness largely recommended by universities to study in with a simple difference in the order of the letters that causing wearing with the students, prompting to intensify work in the department to keep track of these institutions and raise the level of awareness to the public about the unreality universities, forgery and provide accurate statistics on these institutions and methods to luring the students.
(Educational institutions unrecognized educational institutions phantom) link.
Click here to view the complete list of approved universities abroad
© 2013 Ministry of Higher Education